Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pigtails and Pony Rides

We went to the Salt Lake County Fair...


Ate some horrible-for-you-but-oh-so-yummy food.


Played a game or two.


And won a prize for Elle!

We had fun feeding the goats.

...for about two seconds.

So we moved onto the pony rides which were much more fun.


Two Side-notes:
1-I kind of think Elle looks like Dora. Such a tempting Halloween costume, but I don't think I can do the character thing yet.
2-The pony man assured me that these ponies are treated well. They get breaks and water often and are from nearby stables that take pride in treating their animals well.

5 comments:

..::k.toms::.. said...

Haha! I love the portrait of her screaming about the goat!
And I also love cotton candy...
Beautiful pictures!

caitlin said...

Now I have two side notes for you.

1- These photos need to be hanging in your house. They're gorgeous. Okay, who am I kidding? They need to be hanging somewhere in MY house."

2- The way you wrote this was so funny. I love the goat pictures. And I love that little girl of yours.

Scott and Lindsey said...

I love the fair, but have never been to the County one. Elle is so cute!

Holly and Dave said...

i think elle is a little character all on her own. she'll be the next disney princess (they don't have the Cambodians well represented). as for the goats and ponies? irresistable.

Lorilee said...

let me know if elle decides to be dora.. so i can start making june's costume as well. we can't let our matching costume tradition die.

love the photos.